The health and safety of those we care for and work with is our highest priority. Compassus is closely monitoring the spread of the coronavirus and related developments, following guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state and local health authorities. We’re taking extensive precautions to protect the safety of our patients, families and colleagues so patients can continue to receive safe, appropriate care.
It is an honor to serve our patients and families with our core values of compassion, integrity and excellence. We are united as colleagues in our commitment to keeping the hospice promise, advancing the well-being and honoring the dignity of those we serve at this difficult time because we know – it’s at times like these our patients and communities need us most.
- How we ensure our patients and our colleagues stay safe (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Hospice and COVID-19 FAQ
- Phone and computer apps for staying connected with family (PDF, 630 KB)
- Minimizing COVID-19 risk at home (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Ensure patients receive proper nutrition, hydration and exercise; avoid bed sores; maintain proper circulation; and practice proper hygiene
- Follow strict screening protocols
- Use appropriate protective personal equipment
- Check temperatures of our staff before each home visit
- Wash hands thoroughly as specified by the CDC
- Maintain social distancing whenever possible
- No home visits for staff who show any symptoms of coronavirus
- Hold virtual meetings and use telemonitoring services whenever possible
Home health not only allows us to meet the needs of patients in a comfortable
environment surrounded by loved ones, but it also opens up valuable hospital beds for those who need them most.
The loss of a significant person in your life is difficult. Compassus is here to support you.
Compassus is offering new options for those whose regular grief support groups have been suspended due to social distancing recommendations. Led by David Kessler, one of the world's foremost experts on healing and loss. Join the private Facebook group and participate in a weekly Facebook Live events with David Kessler.