The health and safety of those we care for and work with is our highest priority. Compassus is closely monitoring the spread of the coronavirus and related developments, following guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state and local health authorities. We’re taking extensive precautions to protect the safety of our patients, families and colleagues so patients can continue to receive safe, appropriate care.
It is an honor to serve our patients and families with our core values of compassion, integrity and excellence. We are united as colleagues in our commitment to keeping the hospice promise, advancing the well-being and honoring the dignity of those we serve at this difficult time because we know – it’s at times like these our patients and communities need us most.
- Hospice and COVID-19 FAQ
- Phone and computer apps for staying connected with family (PDF, 580 KB)
- Minimizing COVID-19 risk at home (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Follow strict screening protocols
- Use appropriate protective personal equipment
- Check temperatures of our staff before each home visit
- Wash hands thoroughly as specified by the CDC
- Maintain social distancing whenever possible
- No home visits for staff who show any symptoms of coronavirus
- Ensure patients receive proper nutrition, hydration and exercise; avoid bed sores; maintain proper circulation; and practice proper hygiene
- Hold virtual meetings and use telemonitoring services whenever possible
Home health not only allows us to meet the needs of patients in a comfortable
environment surrounded by loved ones, but it also opens up valuable hospital beds for those who need them most.